Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gratitude 7

Today I'm grateful for the comfort of the Holy Ghost. Last night I was trying to make a few hard decisions. As I read my scriptures and thought of my options, I was able to make a choice. It wasn't the choice I wanted and things didn't really work the way I thought they would, but alas, a choice was made. Though the decisions were a bit of a blow to my pride and I had to humble myself and realize that I have great weaknesses, I felt the underlining peace that I was still loved, that the decisions I had to make were because of this imperfect world that we live in and not because I lacked in obedience. Despite my weaknesses, I was still loved. I was still a daughter of God and I still have worth in His eyes.

So despite some of what I feel about myself right now, I'm trying to remember the way my Heavenly Father and Savior feel about me and about each of us and move forward from this day.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Heather,

Just want you to know that you are loved by me! I think that you are awesome and actually yesterday I was reminiscing to Eric about memories of when my family would visit your fam in UT...like sunbathing on your guys' shed. Too bad we don't live closer. We had so much fun. Remember as cousins when you guys would show up to our house or we'd show up to yours and we would just start laughing when we first saw each other because we didn't know what to say to each other...silly, but it still makes me smile. With your charismatic personality and caring heart, I know that you are loved by many!

We Are A Happy Family said...

I love you too. Thanks for the daily gratitude posts. They are helping me too.

Marie said...

I love you so much, and feel extremely blessed to be your friend.

Rachel B. said...

I'm loving all your gratitude posts! And this on is especially great. Thank you for the reminder to try and see ourselves as Heavenly Father sees us. Sometimes it's hard to feel worthy of that. Just from the little bit I've learned about you through here I can tell you are one amazing woman, friend, and momma! Good luck with your decisions.