So today, I'm grateful for freedom. I grateful for perspectives, I'm grateful for the ability to choose.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Gratitude 24
Today I'm grateful for perspectives. Sometimes. . o.k. lots of times when I am struggling with something, I get tunnel vision. It's hard to see a different perspective and it's hard to always keep a bigger picture. Usually when this happens, my eyes will eventually be opened up to see another's situation and I realize that things aren't as bad as they could be!! It makes me feel bad that sometimes it takes seeing others struggles to be grateful for the amount of my own struggles. Last night I saw a documentary on the holocaust and my heart broke. I listened to these amazing women who survived this experience and have continued on to live great, full lives. . . . . no, life isn't perfect, but I still have choices, I have options, I have an opportunity to move forward in life. This wasn't always the case with individuals in the past. . . or some in the present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really appreciate these posts. What a great blessing it is to be able to see the blessings in our lives and appreciate them.
Thank you so much for these posts! I've been pretty sick myself. In fact I had my tonsils removed today, so I'm not loving life right now. This post was the best kind of medicine. You are amazing.
There is a quote by Elder Busche, of the 70, that is my favorite right now, and it reminds me of you and your attitude of gratitude...
"Whenever you are physically sick, tired, or in despair, steal your thoughts away from yourself and direct them in love and gratitude towards God."
Aren't we so blessed to have the Gospel? How DO people live without it???
Love you, girl! Hang in there!
Post a Comment