Monday, August 18, 2008

We made it.

We made it through the first day of Kindergarten without too much going wrong. J was super excited and came home very happy. . . and hungry.

the bus was about 35 minutes late to pick her up and about 15 minutes late dropping her off. I guess the first day is always a trial run. We have some neighbors that go to the same church as us. One girl is in 4th grade and totally took care of J. She sat by her on the bus, and took J to her class (according to J) since they were late. I did follow the bus to the school to make sure J at least made it inside of the school. I know. . paranoid. I did really well without any tears until I watched her get on the bus and then I couldn't see her anymore. I really wanted to hop on the bus and be apart of it all, but I know I have to let my baby fly. We all missed her lots. She is fun to talk to and be around. L asked me about 10 times where J was. He also thought the bus was pretty darn cool. :)

Sooooo, J officially made it through her first of school. 13-17 + more years to go. . . sheesh. I'm glad I'm where I am in life. :)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I cannot believe that J is in Kindergarten already. I cannot believe that my twins are starting Jr. High next Monday. Time is going so fast!!!

We Are A Happy Family said...

Happy first day of Kindergarten J.

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

I'm glad you both survived! I'm already starting to stress and I have 2 more years before I send Caroline off to Kindergarten! At least J doesn't have to get on the bus at 7 a.m. and not get home til 4 p.m. I really don't know how either of us will survive when that happens! J looks so dang cute for her first day of school. How fun to be in a new stage like that!

Ali said...

What fun! I'm not ready for that yet. I have a few years to prepare. I hope that she loves it.
Ali

Holly said...

Oh my goodness; look how grown up she looks!!! I'll call soon; I want to hear all about it!