Sooooo, I've been working on losing the 3rd child baby weight. . . which, by the way, has been sooo much harder than the first two.. . and MUCH more frusterating . oh well. well, I was doing pretty well and lost about 12 lbs, then totally platued. After a little over a month of still working out each day at the gym and counting calories, I decided I should probably do something different than I'm doing. Soooo, now along with my 40-60 minute cardio each day, I'm going to be doing some weight lifting. I have to admit, I'd much rather run that lift weights, but that's because my muscles are so weak and it's a lot harder for me to lift weights than run. . . hmm. I guess that's probably what I need then, huh? Anyway, I'm hoping to break the platue because I still have about 20-30 lb to go before I'm at my goal weight. . . . I think I'll just take it 5 lbs at a time. 20lbs sounds like a lot. I guess at least I'm trying to be healthy, right? that's what I have to tell myself.
Summer is coming to an end and our days at the pool are coming to a close. We have been having lovely weather in the high 70's low 80's. It's nice to go out and ride bikes now though, so it's a trade off for the pool. :)
Other than that, today is the weekend catch-up. I'm not sure why, but Mondays are ALWAYS the worst cleaning day. I don't know why we can't keep the house clean over the weekend. :) Oh well. we have fun. :)
Monday, August 11, 2008
Sunday "Walk"
Yesterday we went on a famiily walk throuh the woods. Everyone was needing to get out. We decided we would look at all of God's creations. We talked about the trees, plants, ground, rocks, creek water, etc, etc. and talked about the creation. It was a fun family walk. Logan was a typical boy and found sticks to "weed wack" with. Jordyn gathered flowers and put them in a bowl when we got home. Zander enjoyed being carried and caught a little cat nap. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Our mondays are the same. Lots of work on top of the packing. We are getting there. I ama mazed at all the blessings that have come our way. We have been very blessed.
Thanks for telling us about your wonderful adventures.
Mondays are the same around here too. :D I think you look great H! My father in law recently lost 75 lbs, and he has been so into being healthy, anyways he told me that for a woman to start losing weight faster, that she really should do weight lifting. So you're on the right track, also I saw on B.L. one time that if a person is eating either too little amount of calories/or too many calories they will not lose weight. (I was surprised about gaining weight with not eating enough calories.)Again I think you look great, and are on the right track in you're goal setting. What fun family times!
Post a Comment