Second: I've found a paint color that I like for the kitchen. It's warm and the shade I wanted. I can't say it's too big of a differnce from what was already there, but it is a bit darker and warmer than what was up. and the best part about it is that I can wash it when it gets dirty. the paint that was up before was the flat carpenter paint that scrubs off to the dry wall if you try to wash things. Now that would be just great if we never touched the walls. but with a 5 year old, 3 year old, and a soon to be crawler (in a few months). a washable wall is KEY!!!! It may not be a huge difference, but at least I have clean walls in the kitchen now. yesterday, I spent about 4 hours concocting the color with all the other colors I've tried so far. I added black, auburn, yellow, white, etc until I reached the desired color. .. . I doubt anyone that comes will be able to tell a difference, but oh well. I like it. That's what matters right. :) check out all the "testing" areas on the wall with all the different colors. :)
THIRD: GO US beach volleyball. I watched last night and LOVED it. (even though it didn't finish until around midnight). Doesn't it make you want to drive 12 hours to the beach, set up a net, and pretend like you are the worlds best player. . . ??? I tease D sometimes because no matter what movie we watch, he wants to "be" that after the movie. Remember the titans: he wanted to throw a ball to me and then crash me to the floor. Take Down (wrestling movie): He wanted to test out the wrestling moves (that was NOT fun.). rookie of the year: well, he's not much of a baseball player. October sky: an inventor and engineer (oh ya, he's already one of those.) Anyway, you get the picture. Watch for us in the next olympics!!!
Fourth: I'm learning lots in kindergarten. Did you know that a vowel followed by a consonant within a syllable is short? Or that a vowel not followed by a consonant within a syllable is long?? O.K., so I'm sure you all know those things, but somehow I missed that lesson in Kindergarten. This would have made spelling soooo much easier. No wonder I'm such a horrible speller. There are actually rules to ENGLISH!!!! wow. Oh, the list of learning in Kindergarten goes on, but I will spare you the details. It's sort of fun that I get to go through school again with each of my kids. . . only I don't have to get a grade. Cool!!!
fifth: A grandma at Burger King today told me I get the mother of the year award. Now, Burger King isn't really the hardest place to be a parent at, AND she didn't witness the big fit at the library minutes earlier, but hey. I'll take it where I can get it. So, I'm officially mother of the year. I even thought about getting a burger king crown for me as I left. . . :)Don't worry, I'll share the title with all you mom's out there.
Well, that's about it. It has taken me 2 days to type this blog, but oh well. :) :) Here are some extra pics for your enjoyment. :)
poor third child has to take quick naps where he can get them. . in the car, the swing, etc. I try really hard to let him take at least one good nap in his real bed each day. :) he's good to go with the flow though.
We love to build!!! :)
3 comments:
This was so fun to read! I'm finally catching up on everyone's blogs! Hey...we had an unexpected visitor last night for dinner!!! We didn't get to visit for too long because we had to take off for kindergarden orientation, but it was still so great! We loved seeing Darin and we hope to see the rest of the family at Thanksgiving!!!!
What a joy. I loved kindergarten. We sure miss you two and your great energy.
COngrats on mother of the year.
I remember we started watching Between The Lions together and I learned so much about vocabulary! I felt embarrassed that I liked the show more than the kids!
Post a Comment