Friday, July 24, 2009

labor details and first bath!!!!

This is the labor and delivery time table. It takes me FOREVER to dilate to a 5 and then I usually go pretty quick. I went from a 5 to a 10 in 8 minutes!! :) Baby M is doing well and I'm feeling pretty well also. :)

1:30 Non-stress Test
2:00 Non stable heart beat
2:30 Admitted into Hospital
4:00 Hooked up pitocin and antibiotics for strep B
4:00 to 6:00 Watched man from snowy river!!! :)
4:45 Start feeling contractions
8:00 Second round of antibiotics, dialated to a 1-2
9:00 Epideral….freedom….peace….sleepy…..very sleepy
2:10am dilated to 4 cm 75% effaced
2;25 epidural reload---awww, sleep again.
5:30: Dilated to a 5 water broke
5:38 dilated to a 10
WAIT FOR DR. to drive to hospital from her home. . . I didn't think M was going to wait for the dr. to get here.!!!!!!

BORN 5:52 in one contraction!!!! What a sweet baby. She GOBBLED down her first bottle like a mad woman. :D D got so many great pictures of her right after being born and now we can't find them. . sad, sad, but we are trying to make up for it with other pictures. :) Here are some from her first bath. :)
D waiting for the bath to be ready!

bubbles all over me!!! :)


What is going on?

My red hair is CLEAN now!!

Daddy stretching and yawning during bath time.

We love you sweet M!!!! :)

6 comments:

Familia Morales said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! Checking your blog was the first thing on my to-do list this morning (well, after feeding & dressing the kids!) I'm glad everything went so well for you both and that you're doing well! She's a doll - can't wait to see more of her! Loves & hugs! (Just makes me MORE impatient, though! But at least I'm 36 weeks now! Woot woot!)

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

Congratulations!! M is beautiful and I love red hair! It was so exciting to wake up this morning and see that you had her in your arms, you look great by the way! We're so happy for you guys and send you lots of love and best wishes!

Stephanie said...

Yay! Nice work! She is gorgeous. I'm so excited for you.

hairyshoefairy said...

So, so happy for you! Beautiful!

Jenny said...

I have to give you props for posting from the hospital THREE times!! Don't expect the same from me:) You must have your act together or something:) So happy all went well and that you got to have an epidural!! Love ya lots!