Saturday, July 18, 2009

First hair cut for Z-man

Oh, my sweet Z-man. How I love this little guy. Today he had his first hair cut and it was pretty much a chop job since a 15 month old doesn't really know the meaning of 'hold still.' :) oh well. He still doesn't have a ton of hair on top, but he was getting a scary-hairy mullet in back, so we decided to chop the mullet and bring him out of the 80's. :)

While I have him and only him here, I thought I'd write a few things about Z-man and what he's into these days. Into is the key word.. . and it's EVERYTHING. He loves to explore and is a busy, busy boy. He loves the garbage can, the toilet, toilet paper, any drawer with lots of things to pull out and 're-organize,' etc. etc. He is a smart little cookie and knows what button to push on the dish washer to make it go, the computer to turn it off, the TV to provoke his brother, (that's always fun), and how to make his toys sing to him.

He is getting to be a great little climber. He climbs on all the chairs. We turn them backwards so he doesn't climb onto the table as well. He loves to climb the stairs and is getting quite proficient at sliding down as well.

He knows what fast food is (I think the kids and I have eaten out way to much while I've been pregnant.) As soon as the bag is handed to me through the window, he is 'uhhh-ing' for me to hand him a fry. doh. We're going to have to break that habit. :) He loves to drink out of straws and water bottles.

Z-man is in the run everywhere stage of life. He doesn't walk anymore. . just runs. :) He doesn't like to sit still or be trapped in anyway. . . (church is an interesting thing right now.) He has made it through sacrament meeting a few times, but most of the time, D takes him out. He is a loud screamer if he doesn't get what he wants.. . . but on the flip side, he is the easiest kid to make laugh. SERIOUSLY. I think he came out of me laughing. He loves to wrestle with his Dad and will giggle, giggle, giggle. All you have to do is look at him funny and he cracks up.

Z loves J and L. J takes good care of him when we have babysitters, etc. and helps him feel o.k. I think he relies on her for a lot of things too. J loves to chase him around and make him squeal. L likes to bounce bouncy balls in the kitchen with him. After the ball goes, they both run with all their might to get the ball (which usually ends up bouncing somewhere else and they have to turn around and start the chase over again.)

Z is a great sleeper. He will take two 2-hour naps each day and sleep all through the night as well. He has a binki hooked to a monkey that we call 'mr. monkey' that he loves to sleep with. He is such a fun little guy to be around.

Right now he is teething, so he's having a bit of a hard time, but he will make it. I think he's getting his molars. . . OUCH. poor guy. Z has been my most cuddly baby and loves to give hugs and big wide mouth kisses. . . I LOVE THEM, but I think I'm the only one that doesn't mind the slobber. It must be a mom thing.

Z also LOVES being outside. He loves to go for walks and would play outside with the big kids ALL DAY!!!!

We love Z so much. I can't imagine our little family without him. We were thinking about only having two children at one point in time and then we felt as though there were more for our family, soooo, here we are. I'm soooo glad I have my z-man. He makes my little heart happy. :) We love you, Z!!!!!! :)





Nice 9 month belly shot of me!! :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your blog is really cute! You need to jump over & check out ours: http://bownfamily.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

You guys are so cute, and you (and your 9-months-pregnant tummy) are BEAUTIFUL! :-) Babywatch has begun! Every time I see you've posted, I wonder if you're going to tell us baby is here. Good luck when it does happen! We'll be thinking of you.

Holly said...

Oh Heather! I remember when you thought you'd only have 2 kids too, and I was totally bewildered by it. You are so amazing and I can see you having 8 kids! Hey look...you're half way there (and still really young too!) And I think you have the cutest 9 month pregnant belly!