Thursday, October 2, 2008

The tonsils are out

J did awesome today. She is in a bit of pain, but doing better as time goes on. Each time she falls asleep and wakes up, she is better than before. Here is our time table:

7 a.m. Mom's alarm went off (even though I'd been up most of the night thinking about everything and making sure I'm not late. . :)

8 a.m. J and I in the van ready for the 50 min. drive. For some reason, they thought we would enjoy driving to the furthest location from our house???

9 a.m. Show up at Children's hospital and go through welcome/greeting. J got stickers for herself and her huggie she chose to bring along. She also got to pick out a new huggie.

9:20-10: Health evaluations from nurses, etc. by this point we had been 'run through' the procedure and asked the same questions about 10 times, but that's o.k. I'd rather that, than the opposite.

10-10:15: played with some pretty cool toys. One was 'blobs' on the wall that moved when your shadow touched them. Not sure how it works, but it's pretty cool. 10:15: get the 'cool' hospital pj's on.

10:20: escorted to the go-to-sleep room. (nice technical term,huh). They let J draw a picture as she beathed in sleepy gas. She was out pretty fast. After that, I waited in the waiting room until she woke up. She was feeling pretty bad (and her nose was itching like CRAZY because of the drugs she was given in the OR) when she woke up and they gave her some pain meds. . . she immediately fell asleep again. The nurse and I went over all the paper work, meds schedules, etc. J woke up about 40 minutes later and was doing MUCH better. She is getting better with each little sleep she gets. I can tell she is in pain, but she's a trooper. We set up our piano room for her. We pulled out the hide-a-bed, brought the TV in and she's set. Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. ;) We love you, J. You are doing great. :)


This is blurry, but you get an idea of how HUGE her tonsils were.

J, Me, and L

us showing dad our tonsils

J doing some sort of martial arts move in her hospital jammies.

pic #2 of hospital pj's. J thought they were great. This is pre-surgery

konked out on the LONG drive home.

J watching a movie. . . post-surgery!!!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Way to go J! You give her all the milkshakes she wants! Sweet girl! Ella looked at these with me and is very concerned for her. Tell her we love her so much!!

Cook Family said...

Poor girl! Take good care of her! We went through that with Jackson about 1 1/2 years ago.

Traci said...

It is harder on us then them when they go through something like this. We always wish we could do more to take away their pain. She is such a trooper. So brave. Tell her Abby says Hi and to get better.

McKenna said...

Whoa! I thought Angel Boy had big tonsils! Poor J! It'll be so nice to have them out.

Hanah said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea tonsils could get that big and still be able to breathe, and swallow, poor little thing! I'm so glad that everything went so well for her, and for you! I love her sweater, soo cute!!