Now, on to the grasshoppers. J and L spent about 4 hours this afternoon trying to chase away a grasshopper that was on the trampoline. First it was simply jumping on the tramp to make it jump. Next came the angry faces (their own as well as drawn) to scare the grasshopper away,
That's about as angry of a face J can make.
"Arrrrrr" I'm going to get you!
L's scary face that J helped him draw
J's scary face
next came scrub brushes to brush it away (occasional shrieks were heard as the grasshopper jumped near them),
and then came the potty break. J came running in to go potty. After a few minutes, I couldn't hear L, so I went outside just in time to see him pulling up his pants and looking at a wet spot on our tree. Apparently camping has come to our back yard. He told me he was trying to reach the leaves, but couldn't. . . hmm? Boy? YES!!! funny kid.
I guess it looked like it needed some fertilizer.
Finally, they decided to create a home for the grasshopper in a bucket. :) I'm not sure what made them change their mind. It was so cute to watch them concoct plans together and come up with ways to "get the grasshopper." I feel slightly bad for the tormented grasshopper, but it entertained them for seriously 4 hours !!!!!! You can't beat that. :) I'm glad we had nice weather.
Oh, the joys of childhood!!!
4 comments:
I wish you hadn't posted a picture of your rolls!!!! Now I'm craving them!!!!!!!!!!
How fun! Your kids are so fun! When Aaron read your headliner he thought you were baking grasshoppers! Funny boy!
Too cute! I have a serious grasshopper phobia (don't ask)so I don't think I would've been the one on the trampoline, but it sure was funny to read about. Aren't kids so entertaining?
What a great time I had reading all of your posts. You are all so imaginative. COngratulations on the oven.
Post a Comment