o.k. so I know I may be opening a can of worms here, but I was wondering everyone's thoughts on the two politicians running for president. I'm still undecided. FIRST: I think they are both somewhat typical politicians, which certain things bug. with that said, I think Obama's personality is a bazillion times better than McCain's as far as working with people and having a positive look. I think he could probably implement more simply because of his attitude and people skills. He has been as gracious as he can with all the slams McCain has sent. However, I don't like his economic plan. I think that putting higher taxes on bigger companies will only make them go overseas (because if they are a big company, they have the ability to be wherever they want most likely), which will only raise unemployment rates--no job, no money, hurt economy. I don't like McCain's health care plan. I see it creating quite a few problems in the future. I like the idea of charter schools and creating competition, but I'm not knowledgeable enough on the subject to forsee any problems with that scenario.
Anyway, I waffle back and forth ALL the time. One day I think I'll vote one way and I totally change my mind the next. I wish I could take things from both campaigns and put them into one.
Anyway, let me know who you are voting for and why. Not only am I interested in what others think, but it might help me make a decision as well. :) thanks a heap!!!
4 comments:
This election is terrifying to me. I feel like I need to vote for the lesser of the two evils. 2 verses from the BOM come to my mind, JAC 7:4 and Alma 10:15. THese are great speakers and debaters, they know how to sway and audience. There are so many things being left unsaid. I choose McCain.
First, I love that "egerny" thing. L is so smart. I guess I don't hang around a lot of typical five year olds, so maybe her line of thinking about things is pretty normal, but I just think she's super intelligent.
Secondly, living where I do...I feel a little like my vote isn't worth a whole lot...McCain'll take the state. I don't like him as a politician, but I have to say that every time I see him lifting his arms only up to shoulder level, I think about all that POW time and it gets me. He definitely deserves the respect and admiration of every American...but President?...I wish it were someone else. As for Obama? His abortion record is NOT my favorite, his tax plan would be great for me but would hurt my father, and I'm not sure he's really experienced enough to deserve the win either. This is a weird election.
I really don't like either one, but when I saw a video of Obama, and Hillary at a debate and the national anthem was being played. Hillary, and every other person on that stage had their hand over their heart but Obama did not. I thought what kind of president are we electing if he can't even show respect to the flag and to those who laid down their lives for it, by simply putting his hand over his heart. Plus he also supports stem cell research, which causes the worst type of abortion in my mind, partial birth abortion, and soo I can't vote for someone who thinks it's ok to kill a baby as they're being born. Plus I really like Sarah Palin, after watching her debate I feel like she really has her head on straight. So after that I decided that I would vote for McCain, just because she's on his side, and will help keep things somewhat straight up there. I completely agree with your first commenter about choosing the lesser evil in this election. It's a tough one!
oh my goodness...I don't know that I have time (or room) to write all my thoughts about this! This is a daily topic of discussion in our house and we watch CNN and Fox News just about every night too. Much like your friend Hanah, I'm not much a fan of either one and having either one as president kinda scares me. However I am voting for McCain. Maybe when you come for THanksgiving we can talk more about this!!!! (No pressure!)
Post a Comment