L and I went on a field trip to Kinman Farms with his pre-school. It was SUPER cool and a GREAT place to let L explore and jump around. It was so nice to let him be his explorative self. :)
First we took pictures with his buddy Judd. cute ghost and pumpkin.
Now for some exploring in the chicken coop. I'm pretty sure the chickens want to eat straw!! :)

Now onto the sheep. How cool is this!!!! His little hands were so cold, but he didn't want to wear his gloves because then he couldn't feel the fur/wool, etc. on all the animals.

Oh, cute baby piglets!!!! So excited!

fun hay ride with my class. Doesn't his class mate look super enthused to be there????

Since I grew up on a small farm, I frequently heard the tractor fire up and begin rumbling. I never realized how much that sound meant to me until today. When it was time for the hay ride, the tractor fired up and started rumbling. That oh so familiar sound that I had never really paid attention to all of the sudden brought stinging tears to my eyes. I tried to hold my breath and wipe the tears away fast (after all I was on a field trip with my 3 year old), but I couldn't help envision my daddy in his patched old work clothes riding on the tractor doing all sorts of things. All of the sudden I missed him so much it slightly hurt inside. I'm grateful to have him for my dad.. . even if I live far away and miss him lots. :) I love you, Dad. I miss you. I think our little L has a bit of farmer in him. :)
Now onto the sheep. How cool is this!!!! His little hands were so cold, but he didn't want to wear his gloves because then he couldn't feel the fur/wool, etc. on all the animals.
Oh, cute baby piglets!!!! So excited!
fun hay ride with my class. Doesn't his class mate look super enthused to be there????
After the hayride through the fields, we got to pick our favorite pumpkin!!! after about umm, 2 seconds of intense searching, he found his prize pumpkin. :)

Mom and L had a great day at Kinman Farms and the TWO treat bags at the end of the day weren't too bad either. :)
Mom and L had a great day at Kinman Farms and the TWO treat bags at the end of the day weren't too bad either. :)
2 comments:
Heather-
I have had my own "tractor" experience, but mine was with HAIRSPRAY!! It wasn't even my favorite hairspray, but it still reminded my of my mom!!:) Jenny
Awwwwww! I know exactly how you feel! My favorite tractor memories are of when my dad would drive his into town during the winter to help clear the roads and then he'd drive me to school in it. Last winter, my father-in-law drove me from my house to the barn to make lunch for our students and it brought it all back to me the same way.
Post a Comment