Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference Weekend

We had a great weekend. This is the weekend that we stay home and listen to the Prophet and Apostles of our church. We listen to them on the computer (it's streamed live on the internet.) I have ALWAYS loved general conference. (click on 'general conference' to read/listen) When I was little, my mom had all sorts of fun "quiet" activities to do while we listened. My favorite was conference bingo (we got to put fun treats on the bingo cards that we were allowed to eat after we got bingo. . . they were always fun treats we didn't usually get on a regular basis) AND we got to pick out some sort of craft to do. Usually plastic canvas and plastic needles when we were little.

I really felt the spirit as I listened to the talks on Faith and enduring while being happy. Each time I get a different message out of conference that I feel was just for me. I love that the Holy Ghost can witness to my heart the things that I need personally. I feel so blessed and know that our Heavenly Father loves each of us individually. I'm excited to re-listen to them throughout the next 6 months and listen to the ones that I missed while trying to take care of little ones!! :)
J and I had fun doing conference bingo, painting nature objects (thanks hannah for the idea), coloring, making fruit loop neclaces, etc. The boys mostly just hung out and slept. . . all of them!! :D

Here are a few pics of the activities




3 comments:

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

I love the BINGO idea! We did some fun coloring pages and I found a cool packet at www.sugardoodle.net, but some of the activities were a little advanced for Caroline. I'll have to try the bingo thing in April! And I love your profile pic, btw. :D

McKenna said...

So I came over specifically to tell you that I LOVE the new profile pic! What. A. Hottie.
:)

We Are A Happy Family said...

What great ideas for entertaining kids. We will definitely use them next time.