Each Monday, we get together as a family and have family home evening. It consists of a song, prayer, short (VERY SHORT) lesson, closing song, closing prayer, activity and sometimes treats. I think our kids enjoy being in charge of FHE more than the actual FHE, but it's super fun. Tonight, L conducted and welcomed us to FHE and told everyone what they would be doing. he's getting pretty good at conducting. I gave the song (meaning I chose what song), D gave the prayer, J gave us a lesson on being kind and serving (it's amazing how much little kids know that you don't know they know. . did that make sense?) Then L picked the closing song and also said the closing prayer. For our activity today, we played with play dough together. We made big snakes and smiley faces. Z-man was quite entertained by a couple of cookie cutters and definitely felt a part of it. :) After FHE, D let me go lock myself in my room for time-out and he took care of the kids the rest of the night, got everyone ready for bed, and tucked them all in. Ahhh, I enjoyed vegging. :)
L's big snake

J's big snake. . or necklace. .. . or smile to her smiley. .not sure.

my smiley

Z-man with a sneaky face and his cookie cutters.
1 comment:
Z is adorable !!!!!!!!
Post a Comment