o.k. so after 24 hours of no electricity, the power has officially come back on. I'm SOOO relieved. You don't realize how many things in life require electricity until it is gone.
We had some CRAZY wind yesterday that blew tons of trees over, siding off of houses, etc. etc. It was the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. (I think).
Yesterday after Church, we headed out to the van and almost got blown away. (I'm seriously NOT kidding.) If I had been by myself, it would have been pretty fun, but I had Z-man in one arm, while L and J were literally being blown away. They had NO control over where their little bodies were going. I was yelling for them to hold on, but they couldn't hear me. I seriously felt like I was in a movie. finally, I grabbed L's hand and yelled at J to take L's hand. We walked slowly toward our van until someone finally came to help us and took J from me. I was relieved for some help. (D wasn't with us at the time). J was crying and scared to death, L wasn't quite sure what to think.
Sooo, while the power was out, we did quite a few fun things. We played games, we painted blocks of wood, cleaned (not fun, but it is definetly one thing you can still do while the power is out.), the kids had a BLAST going to sleep last night with their flash lights. I let them go to bed a little early and they 'read' with their flashlights. I heard lots of giggles and jumping, so I'm not sure that 'reading' really happened. but they had fun. I think I had the best sleep I've had in a long time last night. I went to bed early since there really wasn't anything to do in the dark. I slept from about 8:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
So, I guess it's not all bad when the power goes out. I was, however, happy to get the milk back in the fridge and out of the coolers full of ice. :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment