I think we can all admit that women "generally" mulit tast better than men. There are pros to this as well as cons (I'll get into that later.) But it's amazing how early this really starts.
The other day, I asked J to do something. When I looked up, she was doing something else, so I asked her why she wasn't doing what I had originally asked her to do. She said, "Mommy, I'm doing both at the same time." Oh, the joys of being able to do two things at once. . . or is it a curse.
Back to the pros and cons of multi-tasking: Good point: It's great that we (the multi-taskers of the world) can do more than one thing at a time. It's a good thing we have this ability because there is a lot to get done. So, it helps us get more done in the day, right? right. Bad point: It's horrible that we can even multi-task our thoughts. I can be thinking of something great and still be worried about something that needs "fixing." It almost makes it so that we can't leave worries behind because we are multi-tasking our thoughts. shphew, no wonder I go crazy sometimes trying to figure out how I feel and what I'm thinking. . . . :D I've had to work so hard at life to concentrate on the day (or moment) at hand and not try to "what if" my way through life. . . and I'm realizing this all started at a very very young age.
solution???? I don't really have one. enjoy the good, work on the other stuff. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment