Sunday, July 13, 2008

My tummy's crying for food

So, I have to write about this so that in 20 years, I can remember to tell L. I think it's always soooo funny whenever I ask L to do something (Like clean. . . :D) He tells me in such a sad, sad voice with such sad, sad eyes, "But mommy, my tummy is crying for food." I love how he blames it on his tummy. . . . :) It's not, "I'M crying for food." It's, "My TUMMY" that is crying for food. I need to record it sometime, because he just gets the saddest little look and voice. . it cracks me up!

Anyway, . . speaking of tummies, On Friday I started having abdominal and back pain. I didn't think much of it, but by the time I went to bed, I couldn't stand the pain. I took tylonal and motrin and it still didn't help. I was up until about 4 a.m. until I finally crashed. I took 2 baths in the night hoping the warm water would help. . nope. Anyway sat. morning, I felt a bit better, but not significantly. I took myself to urgent care where they asked a bunch of questions like are you sure it's not cramps from your period (You would think after 16 years, I would know the difference). finally he started pushing on places on my tummy and I about jumped out of my seat when he pushed on my gall bladder. OUCH!!!!! After a bit more poking and prodding, he basically told me he thought it was my gall bladder, but really couldn't diagnose the exactness (stones, infection, etc.) without an ultrasound. So he wrote me a RX for an ultrasound at the hospital.. . guess what? the hospital doesn't do ultrasounds over the weekend. So he wrote me a rx for some pain killers that work really well, but make me super loopy. :) I haven't taken a pain killer since early this morning. I still hurt a bit, but not as bad. So now I'm trying to decide if I should really go in for an ultrasound tomorrow or not. Any advice???

D was amazing on Sat. He took care of all the kids while I layed in bed. He also had many callers wanting to see his home, so he showed the home to numerous people and worked at getting paperwork done, etc. He was super busy with lots on his plate and he still took great care of me. I'm SOOOO blessed and lucky to have him. He is an amazing husband and dad. I love laughing with him and exploring life with him. I'm so glad that we get to spend eternity with each other. :) I've learned so much from him and I can truely say that I am a better person because of the things he has taught me and the things we have done together. :) . . . Thanks for listening to my ode to D. He really is the BEST!!!

Well, I better get to sleep. the kids wake up at the crack of dawn regardless of when we put them to bed. . . o.k. so L wakes up at the crack of dawn, the other two are a bit better. :)

3 comments:

Holly said...

YES, get the ultrasound! I had the SAME thing a few years ago. Mine was in the middle of the night that it started hurting and after several hours of not being able to stand the pain, I finally went to the ER. It was gallstones. There are all kinds of reasons you can get them, but appartenly they are pretty common after pregnancies. I felt better later and didn't do anything about it until a few months later when I had another attack. And really nothing makes it better; you just have to wait for the pain to go away. After that one I finally made my appointment and had my gallbladder removed. It could be something else, but you should at least find out. OKAY??!?!? I'll even watch your kids while you go to the dr. Oh wait! Silly me! I can't do that because you are SO FAR AWAY!!! Let me know what happens!

Logan's tummy comment is cute. Have you heard of those blog books? You can have your blog printed into a bound book and they're pretty nice. I'm going to make one at the end of the year and it can be a little mini journal of the year. You can pick and choose which posts you want in it. Pretty cool.

This is a long "comment!" Sorry! I just love you so much!!

We Are A Happy Family said...

Please get the ultrasound gallbladder attacks come and go. They can be very painful. Take care of yourself so you can be the great mom and wife you are. -

Hanah said...

Oh my goodness!! H that sounds soo painful!! I would have definitely have advised to find out what is causing it, but from reading your more recent posts you already have. Good for you!! Let me know if you need any help taking your babes, bringing dinner, cleaning your house, seriously give me a call. I loved your last little comment bout L being the first one up. My middle child is the same way! What is it with these middle boys! :D