Thursday, July 17, 2008

gall stones

I officially have gall stones. I was given the choice to take my gall bladder out or keep it and deal with the attacks. For now, I'm keeping it since I don't have too many problems with it. If I have another huge attack, I may rethink it.

For those of you that don't have a gall bladder anymore. . .. does not having a gall bladder ffect you in a negative way?

Just wondering?

3 comments:

We Are A Happy Family said...

My friend just had hers out. I will aske her. I seem to have a few friends that have had their galbladder out.

Holly said...

No fun. I've not had any problems since I had mine out. In fact, I haven't noticed any differences from when I did have one. I've had several friends have theirs removed too and they've said the same thing. Since you never know when you may have an attack, it's nice to not have to worry about it. Recovery is quick too. I've never really understood. If you can take the gallbladder out and life goes on just as before, why do we have one in the first place?!

Melissa said...

My friend had hers out. No problems since.