Thursday, April 3, 2008

update

I thought I'd blog while in labor. :) Darin thought it was halarious. Hence, the picture.



Well, the nurse checked me and I'm only dilated to a 5 and 70% effaced. My body is going pretty slow. I think I was expecting it to go faster since it's my 3rd. Oh well. I'm not in pain and I'm just hanging out sleeping and watching tv. THank heavens for epidurals.


Around 11 a.m. My blood pressure dropped significantly and they gave me more fluids and some meds to get it back up. They have been checking my blood pressure every 30 minutes and things are good now. :) I've started to thin out, so maybe things will go faster???? maybe.


oh, when the dr. broke my water, there was meconium, so hopefully they will get his lungs cleaned out really good. I worry about it a little. :)
more details later.
Love, Heather

3 comments:

Sara said...

Good luck! Epidurals are wonderful!! The only thing I don't like about them is that they seem to slow down my labor, but at least you get to rest and not worry about being in pain!

I hope that everything goes well! I love that you are blogging while in labor! Isn't it a changing world we live in? Technology is amazing!

Melissa said...

OK? Really? Blogging in labor? You're too funny!

So happy for y'all. "Baby Z" is DARLING!

Love, love, love y'all!

Holly said...

You are HILARIOUS!!! Blogging while you're in labor must be a sign of a true addict!!!! Good luck!