Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day Number ONE!!!


Well, we are doing really well. We brought Z home from the hospital yesterday and he has been great so far. J and L are staying at my sister's house and having a BLAST. I called them last night and L was so busy having fun he didn't want to talk much and J was excited to tell me what movie they were able to watch and that she got CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!! She was super excited. I miss them; however, it has been soooo nice to be with D and Z with some time to adjust.


I'm feeling pretty well. Some normal post pardum issues that I will spare the details, but overall doing well. I slept sooooo good last night. . even though I was up in the night. I slept better last night than I have in a LONG time. It's amazing how you can sleep when you are a bit more comfortable. Z woke up at 1:30 a.m. I made him a bottle and by the time I got to him, he was back asleep. I fed him anyway. After I fed him and changed his diaper, he slept until 7 a.m. D got up and fed him this time while I enjoyed lying in bed watching the two of them. During the day, he eats about every 3-4 hours. He didn't lose very much weight in the hospital and is doing great.


We have to be careful when we take his diaper off because everytime he feels the air, he pees. CRAZY. It's sort of funny. . . Not sure how long it will stay funny, but for now, it makes us laugh. He makes all sorts of funny noises and grunts while he sleeps. He stayed awake this morning for about 1 1/2 hours. It was fun to play with him. :)

Thank you everyone that has given us help, called us, and loved us. We really do feel all of the support and love from others. :) We are very blessed.




1 comment:

Hanah said...

Heather YEAH! I am so happy for you, and so glad that everything turned out well! (I'm sorry I've been out of the bloggin world for a few days, and if it wasn't so late I would give you a call!! Feel free to call me if you need/want anything.) :D I love being pregnant for the excitement of the new baby, and getting to feel them move around, but by the end I am soo glad that it is over. So happy that you were able to get some rest finally! That is too funny you blogging while in labor. I tried to do the same thing, but everytime our computer caught the signal the nurses would come in and need to do some things, I'm glad to know I'm not the only blog addict. :) I love the pictures, Baby Z is soo precious!!!