Saturday, June 27, 2009

L makes me laugh


Last night was kind of a funny night during our bedtime routine.
We read a chapter in either the bible or book of mormon each night. Well, actually D or I tell the story of what's going on in the chapter and pick out a significant verse for each child to read. Last night we read in Matthew about the young man that comes to Christ and says he has riches and posessions . . what else does he need? Christ tells him to give it all to the poor and follow Him. The young man walked away sad because he couldn't do that. After we talked about what that meant (putting Christ above everything. . even our possesions.) and we gave the example that if Christ asked them to give all their money, huggies, etc. to the poor and to follow him, what would we choose? After J explained to me the logic behing following Christ, L looked at me and said, "I would just walk away sad." I asked him why and he said, "because then I couldn't get my really fast car. And Jesus walks and walks and walks and my feet would get really tired if I followed him." LOL. I love that kid and the way his mind works. He definitely thinks for himself. :)

After we read our scriptures, it was time for prayers. L has recently been into 'saying them in his mind.' Well, that's fine, but he's also been telling me after his prayers are done that he counted all the way to 22 during his prayer (AKA I'm not really saying my prayers, but count long enough that mom 'thinks' I said my prayers.. HA) So tonight after he was done, I asked him what he said to Heavenly Father tonight. He looked so pleased as he began singing, "I love you, you love me, we're best friends like friends should be. With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you. Won't you say you love. . . me. . . . too!" I had to try very hard to keep from laughing. I'm sure Heavenly Father LOVED hearing those sweet words of love from my L. :) Like I said earlier, He definitely thinks for himself. He doesn't do things necessarily how they 'should' be done, but rather how he thinks they should be. :)

I love you, L!!! :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

Cute boy with a cute personality! I bet Heavenly Father LOVED that prayer!