Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day! ! ! !

Today was a fun Father's day. J loves a good celebration. . of ANY KIND. She made cards and put them by his bed before he woke up this morning, wrapped presents, made up father's day songs and pretty much kept the celebration going all day!! :) Logan was most excited about 'helping' Dad open his presents (since he knew what they were!) and Z-man had no clue, but he loves on Daddy all the time anyway.
D is seriously the BEST husband/daddy ever. I am constantly amazed at who he is. I really feel so blessed to be his wife and that he loves me as much as he does despite who I am at times. Here are a few things that make him. . . the BEST!
1-He genuinely loves to play with the kids and not all dad's like that or do that. Our kids adore their daddy and run to the garage when he gets home from work to give hugs and hello's.
2- He is adventurous and loves to experience different cultures/people/places/ideas. he is definitely NOT closed minded.
3- He 'loves' to listen to me talk. :) and I can talk a lot! :) He loves to dream with me, solve problems with me, laugh with me about really stupid things, etc.
4- He has ALWAYS been able to make me laugh. D and I dated for a little over a year, broke up, then got back together and got engaged. I remember dating other people during the break up time and realizing that nobody made me laugh. . or laughed at the same silly things I did. I realized how much I truly missed laughing and enjoying life with him.
5- I LOVE being around D. We really have a great time together and are best friends. I can't wait until retirement when we don't have to be apart all day. I am HAPPY when I'm with him--what more can I say, really?. . . oh wait, there is more.
6- He is NEVER without some sort of goal. He is always thinking of how he can be better--physically, mentally, spiritually, socially, etc.
7- He always thinks of other people. This is one of the things that attracted me most to him. He has always cared about people. Helping, serving, and genuine conversations are just a natural part of who he is.
8-He thinks I'm beautiful. . even when I'm not. :)
9-He teaches our kids so much about life, the gospel, sports, money, etc. Anything really they will listen to, he will teach them.
10- Most importantly, he loves the gospel and our Savior. All of the things that make him who he is, is based on his love for Jesus Christ and wanting to do what is right. He listens to the spirit and follows what he thinks he should be doing and has led our family to many wonderful things because of it.
I really am SOOOO very grateful for D. He is amazing. I'm so so so so so so so grateful that he waited for me until I was brave enough to get married--that he saw what we had together before I did and waited patiently for me to see it too. I'm so glad I get to spend ETERNITY with this wonderful man-my best friend. I love you, D!! Thanks for being such a great dad to our kids, husband to me, and friend to everyone! You really are the BEST!!!! Happy Father's DAY!!!
I'm also soo very grateful for my daddy for all of his love for me and all that he taught me. He was an amazing dad and still is. I'm grateful for D's dad also for raising him. . for me! :)
D and the kids before he opened presents.
All it takes is a little kiss to make this man smile soooo big!! :)
D and Me. We don't get pictures together too often. . . but J and L have been VERY into taking pictures lately.
Heavy, Heavy hang over thy poor head.
What do you wish this person with a BUMP on their head?

After opening presents, I paid the kids to play with my hair. I LOVE having my hair played with and the kids like to earn money different way around the house. . . . sooo recently, they have been earning quarters by playing with my hair. Sooo, tonight J and L did my hair and this is how it turned out!! :) I think I'm rather beautiful! :)
o.k. so I really don't like myself in these pictures with my pregnant face and no make up, but look at beautiful J. I LOVE her eyes. . and her smile. . . she really is gorgeous. . Is that mommy biased??? :)
L likes to give Baby M kisses. Here he is going in for a kiss. Biiiiiiggggg, belly, big, belly, big belly, big belly, big belly!!! *sung to the big booda song. :)
we had a GREAT day today! :) We love celebrations and we love daddies. :)

4 comments:

Cardon Times said...

D really is great! Thanks for sharing.... And by the was I think J is beautiful! You really do have a beautiful family.... I miss you guys! Love you!

We Are A Happy Family said...

HOw blessed you are to have a great. I think that you are even more blessed for recognizing it. You are both so special and have a great family together. Keep doing it right.

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

Are you kidding girl? You look great without makeup! I look like I got ran over by a train or the zombies have taken over.....yikes!! I love the tummy picture, too cute.

Marie said...

Actually you are both GORGEOUS! Gosh, if I looked like that without my makeup, I wouldn't even bother!