Next the fun stuff. Saturday was a TOTAL neighborhood day. It was crazy and fun. The neighborhood was having a garage sale, so all the neighbors were out. Some neighbor girls were selling lemonade and J had been working very hard at some 'art' to sell, so she took her pictures out and sold many of her pictures. I think she made about $4. :) I remember trying to sell ROCKS as a kid to the people passing by. She had fun sitting with her friends and making money. :) L roamed the neighbors garages and talked to people/played with their toys that were for sale. :) Z-man just slept and hung out for the most part.
It was SUCH a hot day that after the garage sales ended, all the kids got in their swimming suites and played in the sprinklers/ water for hours!!! While we were all visiting, we decided to have an impromptu neighborhood BBQ. So we headed home and everyone fixed something to bring. It was fun to hang out with neighbors. We eventually put Z-man to bed, L got tired and crashed watching a movie in the house, but J was so excited to be allowed to stay up late socializing with the neighbors and watching the stars come out. It was a hot day, but so much fun to spend with our great neighbors. We really do have GREAT neighbors. D and I stayed and hung out until about 12:30 (WAY past our bed time). . . .. . but so much fun.
1 comment:
And that's why I need a house now! Houses come with neighborhoods, and neighbors, and fun stuff like that! (Sigh.) Hopefully someday.
That flood looks so cool. I totally would have been the one outside playing around in the water. We're just about in stage 3 water restrictions here. Want to send some our way?
Good luck with getting the baby to come!
Post a Comment