I have been getting excited for a week from tomorrow. I get to have my ultrasound in a week and It really is a bright spot to look forward to. I'm excited to find out the gender of this baby and start doing some things--making quilts, buying clothes, etc, etc. :) For some reason this helps get me through the rest of the pregnancy. It will also be nice to hopefully see that everything is o.k. with the baby. I think I always worry a bit about the baby i'm carrying, so hopefully we will find all well.
I've been thinking a lot about my little family. I feel so blessed and grateful for the amazing little and big people in my life. D is my best friend and I miss him so much when he has trips or other things. I seriously can't wait until we get to spend ALL day EVERY day together. I love laughing with him, talking with him, being active with him (when I'm not pregnant), etc. He truly is the best thing that ever happened to me in my life. Being a mom is hard work. I worry, I think, I work, I solve MANY problems each day that range from personal relationships to physical anomoles. With all that said, my kids are amazing. They make me smile, laugh, and cry. :) They constantly amaze me at what they think and do. I feel soooo lucky and blessed to be their mom. Sometimes I feel the energy levels need to be swapped around a bit, but being tired is well worth it.
I'm getting old--I like to watch the news, I'm interested in how the economy is doing, I think about things that will affect my body and mind, I realize that I'm not immune to 'bad' things, I like to sit and 'visit', I don't care what others think of me and the decisions I make, I'm getting gray hair and wrinkles, I listen to weird music and I can't dance (but I think I can). ..... And yet, I'm happy with where I am in life. I feel comfortable with who I am and I'm grateful for that.
Well, with that said, I will end my night with a bowl of cereal (I LOVE cereal and my pregnant body is hungry) and hopefully a good night sleep!!! :)

7 comments:
I've been feeling old lately, too, for the same reasons. It's such a strange thing. Also, I believe cereal is the pregnant woman's staple food. Even when sick and barfing it's something that almost always still sounds appealing.
I'm glad you're feeling better! and i loved reading your random thoughts; it makes me thankful for all I've been blessed with also. Thanks for the warm fuzzy!
I love you Heather! You brighten my day!
Thanks I needed that.
Those were great ransom thought! So positive. Thanks. I love cereal too and even more so when I'm pregnant.
Great post! And I can't wait to hear what baby's gender is either! I'm hoping GIRL!
That's funny, cereal is my late night snack when I'm prego too!....or during other times of day. :) Pops is my personal favorite now. Weird, I know.
Post a Comment