Monday, February 23, 2009

froggy pool bags/girly pink!/therapeutic computer time

Anyone that likes to go to the pool or beach with small children knows it is quite a job to get everyone ready in their swimsuit as well as find every one's beach towel, floaties, water toys, goggles, etc, etc. AND since of course NOBODY can carry their own towel, floaties, goggles, sunscreen, water toys because they are just too heavy..... mom gets the duty of dragging everyone's things along with lunch and the baby (or in my case this summer, the babIES!) from the house, to the car, to the pool--back to the car, back to the house and put away.

Well, I got tired of trying to stuff everyone's things into a backpack that is barely big enough to hold a binder (or so it seems when you try to stuff 3 floaties, 5 towels, water toys, goggles, sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats all in). SO, I made this. I bought a $5 beach towel and some rope and turned it into a great big 'stuff all the swim stuff in' pool bag. :) Now, everyone just has to stuff their things in and off we go with ONE bag. . . not a bag with floaties on one arm, baby on the other and sunscreen hanging out of a pocket somewhere.

I think it's pretty cute and I 'think' it will be big enough!!! :) (the pictures don't really show how big it is, but get a large beach towel and fold it in half. . that's how big it is!



And of course shopping for baby girl things is GREAT. I remember when J was born, I wasn't into pink at all. I wanted other colors and didn't want to dress her prissy or put bows in her hair, etc. NOW, however, after having two little boys in a row and everything being manly blue, brown, red, black. . . ALL I WANT IS PINK AND PURPLE!!! I wonder if it will affect the way my 2 girls turn out. :) j/k J still LOVES the bows, the jewelry, etc. So I guess they are just who they are!! :)
this is the dress I got at Target. It will probably be her 'take home' outfit. :) Won't she be cute!!! :)
I know this isn't all that interesting of a post, but computer time is therapeutic to me. I don't get a lot of it, but I love my laptop (which I take to my room during 'quiet time'). I love blogging. I love reading others blogs, and I love being able to have this time to myself. . . so until something amazing comes along. You will get posts on froggy pool bags and pink dresses!! :)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Well look at you Miss Creative! What a cool idea!! I just might have to try that! Only, I'll have to have my mom sew it! And I personally LOVE that you are into pink and purple this go round! That's all I was into with Ella. Ava had bigger hairbows than Ella but I ventured into other colors with her more, and I was so excited when Drews finally came along and I could do blue and brown. Have fun shopping!! I still think little girls are the best to shop for!

Michelle said...

That is an adorable bag, I would never be able to make something like that. Maybe I'll have somebody else do it though!