Monday, February 16, 2009

AHHHHH my baby's growing up!

Today J told me she wanted to get her ears peirced. I had told her that when she was ready, we would go do it. For a while she didn't want to because she thought it would hurt too bad, so I didn't worry too much about it. Yesterday she wore her clip on earrings and told me they hurt her ears. I had told her that after the initial hurt of getting them pierced, that wearing earrings wouldn't hurt anymore after that. So today, she decided she wanted to. :) Since we didn't have school today, we thought we'd hit the mall!!! AHHH, it is so cute though!! :) She was big and brave and said it only hurt a little. :)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! That's such a fun grown-up step.

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

How fun! Such a big day for a girl. BTW, thank you so much for your help on Eli's tooth drama, it made me feel way better about it (worries of a first time mom), loved the pickle jar idea, so thoughtful! ha ha P.S. you're looking so cute with your baby bump!

Holly said...

Cute!! It does make her look more grown up!! I can't show this to Ella. She'll freak out! She's been wanting to get her ears pierced since her 5th birthday but DAVE won't let her! We've both begged; especially Ella who was pretty persistent there for a while. But Dave won't cave. I did convince him to come down to letting her get them down when she's 8 instead of 12 which was his initial rule. Silly daddy!