o.k., so today has been one of those days. Sleep in our house is an interesting subject. We have three good sleepers and two not so good sleepers that reside in our home. Somehow, although I am one of the good sleepers, I find myself up a lot at night due to the other not-so-good sleepers in the house. Last night I was up a lot and had pretty much set out the morning in a 'snap dragon' mood. I don't think anyone ever warned me about how much sleep, and internal and external energy is zapped from my body with children. I've decided each child zaps at an exponential level. I'm sure I'm not alone, but seriously, some days I am totally drained--physically, emotionally, mentally, etc.
With that said. . . nobody ever told me how much happiness and joy and laughter would enter my home with children either. I think I've worked harder as a mother than anything else in life. It's not a full time or a part time job. . it's an all time job. I've also found more joy in motherhood than anything else. I wonder why it is. that the things that take massive amounts of internal control and energy, work, thought, and concern bring about the most joy.
So, even though I've really wanted to curl up in bed with a good stash of movies, books, and cold cereal, I've persevered through teething babies who take EXTREMELY short naps, an energetic boy that has a 2 second attention span and then reverts to jumping off the couch to see if he can reach the ceiling fan, and being the chauffeur to school and events. And the following clip is my reward. Through the ride, I guess we focus on and love the 'vistas.' and be happy that we have something to work hard at that brings joy. :) I'm grateful for my kids. Sometimes it's really hard to be a mom, but I wouldn't change it.
3 comments:
That is such a wonderful sound!
I totally agree with you about motherhood! It is so hard, but so worth it!!! And so rewarding!
Wow Heather! You just wrote down how I feel. Except I have been focusing on the HARD part lately and you helped me remember what i should be focusing on. Thanks Heda. Love you. Oh by the way, I just posted for the 1st time on my blog amberandgeorge.blogspot.com Go ahead and look at it. Thanks for letting me peak into your life. LOVE ya (always forever)
Every time I look at your blog I am inspired by you to be a better mom. You really do seem like you have it all together. I think you are great! I don't know how you do it with three kids. I am scared to go up to two kids. Hopefully you can give me some pointers. Love ya
Kristi
Post a Comment