Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

I was sung to about 20 bazillion times today and loved it. I think the kids enjoyed my birthday just as much as I did. I had a great day today. D took the older two with him while he ran erronds, ate lunch, etc, etc and I was able to have a quiet day to do whatever I wanted. Z-man slept for most of the time we were home. I did some scrapbooking in the morning, went shopping (with only one child by the way), and came home and made my birthday cake. I know it sounds funny, but I look forward to making my own cake each year. I love to try new cakes each year and it's fun for me to create something new. this year, I made an ice cream cake. It was pretty fun. :) After D and the kids came home, we played soccer and watched some football. . . I really love watching college football. It was a great day.

Here are some pictures of the cake and presents, but they aren't in the right order. . . sorry.


Me blowing out my candles

Everyone excited about CAKE!!

ooohh, candles

Heavy, Heavy, hang over. . . . TRADITION. . . Tradition.
More hang over!!
J's present that she made me. It hooks to my hair so I can wear it all day and make faces out the whole. . . . I am SOOOO lucky!!
Hug for L's present. He made me a GREAT picture. :)
This is a gift bag at our house that gets used over and over again. It's my favorite one. :)
My mom sends me these slipper/socks periodically and I love them. They are so warm and stay on my feet. :) She always knows when to send a new pair. :) thanks MOM and DAD
More Heavy, Heavy, Hang over. . . . L hit me hard on this one. . . he had FUN. Normally hitting is not allowed, so he takes advantage of the time it is allowed. . . who came up with this tradition anyway??? LOL
Just look at the sly grin on his face. . . yup, he's excited.

Birthdays always makek me reflect on where I am in life for some reason. I'm so grateful for all the things that are in my life, especially D and my kids. they love and support me through my faults and challenges. It also makes me think of all the things I want to change about myself and who I want to be. So, I've made some goals and hopefully next November, I can report on the progress. :)

11 comments:

Sara said...

Happy birthday!!! It looks like you had a great day!

Cardon Times said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I've been thinking about you today! I love you!

John M. & Allison Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D'ann said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!! And i LOVE the heavy, heavy hang; that's so much fun!

We Are A Happy Family said...

I remember Heavy, heavy hang over. It was so fun. You are looking great!

McKenna said...

Yay! A Happy Birthday to you. How have I forgotten about Heavy Heavy Hang Over? So many missed opportunities there :)

And how hilarious is J's present. That girl has got one creative mind. It's hard for me to judge what is appropriate behavior for five-year-olds because mine is so atypical...but I really think J is super intelligent for her age.

Ali said...

What fun!! Happy Birthday!

Valerie and Adam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hmachine said...

val, you hit the birthday person on the head with the present and sing, "heavy, heavy, hang over thy poor head. What do you wish this person with a bump on your head." Then the birthday person has to wish something for the bumper. Seems a bit strange huh??? It's tradition on the palmer side and my kids LOVE it. :)

Hmachine said...

Sorry for deleted comments. I deleted the ones with our names in them, but I loved reading them!! :)

Amy said...

I have never heard of that tradition : ) Funny how some traditions get passed along and some don't. By the way, I love your scrapbook page.
Glad you had a great birthday!