It was amazing to see the horses warm up, load, and shoot out of the starting gates. They are super fast and although we didn't have the best view, it was still incredible to see how fast they go, the adrenaline that is in the air and the excitement. :) The track was SOOO sloppy because it had been raining, but the horses just tromped through it like champions. The horses really were majestic. :)
Isn't my D so handsome. This was right after we dropped the kids off at my sister's house and we felt like kids again. CRAZY!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being with D. He is my best friend and he is amazing. We laughed sooo much over the 2 days and enjoyed all of it. We dropped the kids off and loaded a few things my sister had for us and we were off. We went to the temple that night and out to eat afterwards. We got to our hotel around 11. . . it was kinda fun to be out that late because usually if we are out that late, someone in the family is having a massive melt-down. I'm proud to say that both D and I held it together even at 11 p.m. ;) Hooray for NO meltdowns. :)
this is chruchill downs. It was fun walking around here because a couple of years ago, D, myself and some of D's family ran a half marathon that went through the track. :) We both remembered how tired we were. . . HA Why do we do things that torture ourselves??? LOL

This was an early race. Here are the horses coming out the gate.
and making their way past us. D and I would try to guess which horse would win, but we didn't bet on anything. Good thing, too, because we were NEVER right--not once!
I thought this guy was picturesque--smoking his pipe while studying the horse stats in the program. Making his gambling move.
these pictures were taken of the big TV, but they still turned out o.k.
This was D's favorite hat he saw. This guy doesn't know we were taking his picture. . . HA HA HA.
After we were done at the races, we shopped a bit and headed back to my sister's house. The kids had prepared a concert for us. I told you it was a great weekend--the races AND a rock concert!!!
Z LOVED exploring a new home and loved on everyone.
L LOVES playing with his cousins. He LOVES playing the computer--especially with Ty. :)
We stayed at my sister's house Sat. night and had so much fun talking with them being there. they have such a great family and I always feel at home when we are there. They are awesome. THANKS, Val. I LOVE you. We had such a GREAT time. :) :)
3 comments:
The horse hat picture made me laugh out loud! I don't know if it was the hat or you in the picture with the guy! That's funny! Sounds like a GREAT weekend; I've only been to the horse races once and I thought it was soooo fun! We might have to come visit you and go so I have a reason to wear my big ol' hats!!!
Sounds like a lot of fun. It is nice to get away with your hubby once in a while isn't it.
Man, I totally wish Tay and I could hang out with you guys. We love couples who love to laugh. I feel a Mary Poppins song coming on... I know, I'm such a dork!
I've always wanted to go to a horse race! What a fun time!
Post a Comment