Monday, May 18, 2009

General Update

Well, I thought I'd post a general update of everyone in the family and what's going on.

I hope everyone had a great mother's day (a while back). It was so much fun to spend it at my sister's house this year. I had fun running around with K, G, and Ty to do some last minute mother's day shopping. :) They are fun to be with. It made the weekend go much faster since Darin was in Brazil. Plus, my sister's ward gave me chocolates. . . :) Yummy to by pregnant tummy!!

D was in Brazil for 9 days. He was at a convention there, visited customers, and trained Brazil employees. He had a great time and it was fun to look at his pictures when he got home. One of his fellow employees showed him around over the weekend and D enjoyed seeing it all. I don't enjoy it when he goes. I miss him a lot, and it makes for long days with small children. But I'm grateful I have them because otherwise, I'd be alone. The kids missed him so much and wrote him e-mails and made him notes, etc. They went crazy when he came home. He picked J up from the bus stop the day he came home and she was ECSTATIC. I'm glad our kids love their daddy so much. D is taking some finance classes at a local university. Tonight was his first night. He wanted to brush up on some finance.

Well, if I'm going by my dr. due date, I only have 2 more months left of this pregnancy. I'm getting ready, and scared, all at the same time. I'm excited to meet little M and see what she is like, and scared for what 4 small children means to my life. I feel pretty tired all the time right now and I'm afraid it's not going to change for the next 18 years. :0 :) But they are worth it.

J is doing really well. She is loving soccer right now. She is pretty competitive, but at the same time, layed back about it. She told me before the last game started that she was going to try something new. I asked her what it was and she said that since everyone bunches up and she can't get the ball out of the center of the circle, that she was going to try to kick it over their heads. Well, she did it and kicked it over their heads and into the goal. she had a happy little grin on her face. she's adventurous and loves trying new things. She has spent most of today working on a knitting project for baby M.

L is growing up so quickly. He's my little Dash (from incredibles). He is also loving soccer and enjoys anything that is social with other kids his age. He loves doing tricks and jumps off of the couches and loves passing by the skate park to see the skaters do their tricks. He's such a funny guy and makes me laugh a lot. He is getting close to being able to read small words and loves having stories read to him. He would dig in our dirt pile all day. AND he LOVES our toy 4-wheeler that the neighbors gave us. He's such a busy boy. :)

Z just started walking all the time. He's so cute. He still walks with his hands up in the air so he can keep his balance. :) He's pretty funny. He loves to laugh and laughs at just about anything. He gets soooo excited to see his daddy when D comes home from work and the only real word he says is dad. He loves to sit in boxes/containers, take things out of containers and put them back in. He loves to push around cars and break printers and tv's!!! :) He has a certain little cubby hole under one of our desks where he LOVES to sit and chill. He is a TALKER, not that we can understand anything, but he jabbers all the time and points to things as if he's trying to tell us all about it.

Other than that, things are normal. We have our ups and downs, but we try to be grateful for what we have and each other and move forward. Soon school will be out and it will only be a short while before we bring this little one into our family. I really hope some energy returns once I'm done being pregnant, or I could be in trouble for the next 18 years. :) :) I'm sure I'll make it though, one day at a time.

4 comments:

We Are A Happy Family said...

I just love your family. I can't wait to see baby M. This is a very exciting time. I am glad to see the end in sight. We can do it.

some dude's mom said...

Sweet Heather Palmer! I was cleaning up a bunch of my older email and saw the blog and realized I had forgotten that you were going to have another baby! So excited for you. Nicole was my fourth after having a girl as my oldest (Heather) and then 2 boys. Four kiddos was easier for me than 3 for some reason. Hope "M" will be a blessing to you as the others are I'm sure. It was wonderful to see everyone's picture and realize how fast time has flown by since you lived here in Pampa. We still miss you and are glad you are around family and enjoying living in a beautiful part of the country. Our family sends it's best to you and yours and we will try to follow your progress on the new baby (for heaven's sake, give me everyone's names again if you would please). Love you!
Taci

Amber said...

Hey H, when I was pregnant with my last one I ran out of energy too. I took iron and it helped. Maybe you are already doing this . . . but I thought I would share just in case you hadn't thought of it. My doctor forgot to do the blood count test for me, so when he finally did it my iron was WAY low. Anyway. .. sounds like things are going pretty well, besides the normal pregnancy woes. love you always forever

Holly said...

J can knit?! Holy cow! I tried once, and I wasn't successful so I am REALLY impressed that your soon-to-be 6 year old can! Sounds like all is well. I love the stories about your boys. I have so much to look forward to! Drews is already way busier at 8 months than my girls ever were. I can't change his diaper without him rolling over and trying to get away and he's already crawling too!! It's soooo crazy! Indeed, boys are busy...and busy earlier too! Loved your update! And love you!