I havenoticed lately that J and L were fighting more and more. Not only were they not happy, but it made the day as a mom really hard as well. WELL, I tried the time out approach and it didn't quite sink in that they need to do nice things.. . not just stop fighting. SOOO we bought some marbles and have been putting them in a jar for the "kind" things they do. If they fight, I have to take one away. After they both get the jars filled up, we are going to go to chuck E Cheese as a family. (the kids and I have never been). They are super excited.
WELL, I've discovered that not only has the fighting been MASSIVELY decreased, but I am noticing and recognizing ALOT more of the good things they do. I think anyone acts better when they are praised for the good they do. So, the marbles have helped me be a better mom as well. :) yippe for marble jars. :) :)
L needs a bit of help knowing when he can put a marble in (although he is getting better at letting us know when HE knows he did something kind). But we are having J decide on her own when she does something nice. We are trying to help her think and make decisons for herself. She is a lot like me and needs the approval from athority if it's o.k. to do--or if it's a good decision. I had to learn how to think for myself and learn to listen to the spirit and make decisions and then be o.k. with the decision "I" made. We want to help her understand that while the decisions are still small. She is such a sweetheart.
J is super excited that it is June--her b-day month. L is getting molars and not so happy at night. Hopefully they will come in soon. Z has slept 8 hours at night 2 out of the last 3 nights. :) D is hoping his home sells soon. He has had lots of inquiries, but mostly wanting to do lease options. And I am excited to start some projects at home--painting, planting, etc. :)
HAPPY JUNE!
2 comments:
This is great. I think we'll have to try something like this with Gabe.
Such an awesome idea!! We love chuckie cheese, although we haven't been in a very long time. Kenzie calls it the "cheesy mouse." :D I love your photos from the fun sprinklers. We don't have a huge pool, but it's big enough for a few little kids to play in, you guys should come over some time this summer, and swim with us. :D The babies can sleep in the cool living room, and we can watch the kids either outside or through the patio glass. :D
Post a Comment