You may be wondering how a compliment can be annoying. . . well, I guess it wasn't exactly the compliment that was annoying as it was the situation.
I recently took the kids picture so I could have all three of them together. . . (see earlier posts). I wanted to get a few printed up for myself and others. I also wanted to get a few printed that I had created in photoshop to see how they turned out once they get printed.. . . Sooo, since I needed the pictures asap, I sent them to Walmart online and was going to go pick them up an hour later. Well, I get a call (which I couldn't answer because at that time ALL three of my children were either crying or needing something). it was walmart saying I couldn't pick up the pictures until I got the o.k. from the studio because the pictures were copyrighted. . . . hmmm? Well, I figured I would just go talk to them rather than try to explain over the phone. When I got there, the lady pulled out the pictures, went through them one by one with her fingers all over them and asked, "are you sure?" "YES, I'm sure." I explained to her how I did it, etc, etc. Well she proceeded to compliment me and go through the pictures AGAIN putting her fingers ALL over them. THEN, she called over the "head" picture taker and showed her all the pictures going through them all AGAIN. By this point, I just wanted to get my pictures and go before they got ruined. The "head" lady then put HER fingers all over them and said something to the affect that they look professional, blah, blah. WELL, I AM! I've taken photo classes, etc. THEN, the head lady dropped the picture and almost bent it trying to catch it. . . . as she walked away, she said, "She still has to sign a copyright paper. Sooo, I signed a paper swearing these pictures were mine and the copyright belonged to me. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!
Sooo, I'm complimented that they thought it was taken at a studio by a professional photographer, but I came home with fingerprinted pictures and a lot of hassle. As if only bad pictures can be submitted to walmart for printing. :) A little annoying. It's typical walmart, and yet I still keep going back. . . hmm. oh well. :)
Sooo, that's my annoying compliment. :)
4 comments:
Oh! What a pain! My sister took some pictures for me and WalMart made me sign the copyright paper, too. But, they didn't give me near the hassle. You should have made them print some new ones for you! Some people are just clueless!
Grr. I'd be annoyed, too. At least you have pretty pictures to take home albeit fingerprinted. :)
Better luck next time. Next time remind them that fingerprints damage the picture.
That would be really annoying! Did you get to go to the library? I'm sorry I was going to call, we came downstairs, 15 minutes before it began, and found a big leak in our ceiling. Soo with the craziness of tracking down the maintenance man, and trying to get it all figured out, and fixed we didn't make it. Maybe next week. :D
Post a Comment