This is one of my FAVORITE holidays! Only, probably the reason I love it so much is because it's the one holiday that most of my family gets together to celebrate. I live far away from my family, so I'm not able to be there most years and every year I get a little sad. I think about my nieces and nephews watching the parade in front of my parents house ready to catch candy, my siblings chatting and eating yummy BBQ food, and my dad running from his friends at the fire department that spray him every year. I think of the runners running down the road early in the morning from the race that starts up the canyon, the water fights, the volleyball games, the sticky floors from homemade root beer and ice cream.
I'm proud to say that I only broke down and cried once today missing my family. :) GO ME!!!
To make up for it, we had our own BBQ and had some friends over to play on the enormous slip n' slide that Darin's brother let us borrow!
I'm Grateful for my freedom. I'm so glad I get to worship how I choose, speak how I choose, raise my children how I choose, and many many other freedoms that I enjoy! I love the country that I live in. My hat goes off the military families out there that so diligently serve ME so I can continue to have the freedoms that I love.
SOO, Happy INDEPENDENCE day everyone... !!!!!
![]() |
| Another picture slideshow by Smilebox |

1 comment:
The 4th of July thing bugs me too. I like Independance Day much better!
Post a Comment