We had a great time last weekend visiting the zoo. The weather was BEAUTIFUL!!! and apparently everyone else had the same idea we had. . . :) Oh well. It was still very fun. J and Lo loved it and knew what to expect. J LOVES figuring out where we are and where we are going with the aid of the map. That is fine by me. I've never been a map lover. :) Lo likes to climb and jump off everything in sight. . always. :) And Z-man had so much fun!!! I think this is the first time we've gone and he's actually figured out that there are animals to be seen. He kept saying 'more monkey, more monkey." (or whatever animal we last saw!). Meg, however, cried most of the time. Normally she LOVES being outside and we weren't sure what was going on. Once she was in the car, she started pulling at her shoes. I took them off and she was quite a bit happier, so I think her shoes were bothering her somehow! Too bad I didn't figure that out sooner! ! ! ! !
Here is our official tour guide!
Checkin' out the big guy!
Everyone's favorite part this day was the apes!!! Not minutes before this picture was taken, ALL apes were going crazy!! Literally. One ape likes to pick on another ape. Well, then big daddy has to come step in and save the day. . . THEN ALL the apes start attacking the big daddy ape and they all go mad fighting, screaching, biting, and wrestling. I was in full mama mode ready to grab my kids away from the area if needed, but later the zoo keeper told us it happens several times a day. And to think it all starts from one punk teenage ape teasing another. :) 

I love this picture!!! BE THE ANIMAL!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment