Monday, December 27, 2010

A call for some good recipes!!!

It's that time of year to re-new the resolutions.  I have a few in mind and am excited for the new year.

I, like others probably, am continuing my goal to be healthier.  Last year I lost approx. 25 lbs.  But I still have about 15-20 to go.  I'm hoping it won't take me all year, but as you can see, I'm kind of slow at this.  Also, I need to lower my triglycerides, etc. . . .  SOOO,  this is where you come in.  I'm in a total dinner rut.  I have a handful of healthy quick recipe's, but I'm getting tired of the same thing....  Soo, if you would like to help me with my resolutions, please leave me a yummy, quick, healthy (low cal.) recipe if you have any.  ;)  I really would appreciate it.

Also, one last call for any p90x-ers out there.  Today was day one!!!  :)  I'm going to be sore tomorrow!  :)

Other than that, we had a great Christmas and I will post about that soon!  :)  I will be awaiting some yummy recipes!!!  :)  Thanks in advance!  :)

3 comments:

Cardon Times said...

My recipes aren't very healthy...but they are yummy!

Anonymous said...

I will have to look at some of the ones I really like and see if they have calories, etc. listed on them.

Unknown said...

Black Bean Soup

4 cups black beans, unddrained
1 cup white beans, undrained
1 cup frozen corn
1 jar salsa
4 cloves garlic, minced

Mix all together and heat through. When ready to serve, top with crushed tortilla chips, grated cheese, sliced olives, green onion and sour cream.

Hint: I make this for lunch quite a bit. I usually just open a can of black beans, can of corn, and salsa. I use about 1/3 cup of each. Heat it in the microwave and enjoy. I keep the extra beans/corn/salsa in the fridge for a different day or different meal. I liked your black bean tortilla idea. I will be tring that soon.