Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pity Party

So this morning I spent giving myself a pity party. . . It was really fun, you should have come. I mostly let Z watch PBS and I layed on the couch!!! :) Nice, huh? I haven't been sleeping very well lately for some reason. I have a hard time falling asleep and usually end up waking up in the night totally awake not able to fall back asleep. I'm not getting really great sleep and that sort of makes me grumpy. . . So this morning, I decided to give up, not go to the gym, watch Arthur, word world, etc. with Z, try to make Meg take a nap (she's not a great napper, BTW), and throw a pity party.

Well, it lasted about 40 min. until Meg woke up. Have I mentioned, she's not a great napper. She reminds me SOOO much of Lo when he was her age. They just require a littler amount of sleep--so they are up early in the morning (6 a.m. regardless of when they go to bed. . . . . or this last week even earlier for Meg.) and take minimal naps. This is wearing, but I know it will get better. I felt the same 'tired' when Lo was little. Now he gets up on his own, fixes his own breakfast and starts getting ready for school all on his own. HOW LOVELY!!!!! So I know that eventually it won't matter that she likes to wake up before the sun does, but for now. . . I'M TIRED ALL THE TIME!!!!! oh well.

I finally pulled it together and during Z's and Meg's naps this afternoon got 1/3 of the piano room painted. We've been here 4 yrs. and I'm just now getting around to painting that room. It still had the flat carpenter paint and it was looking pretty bad. I also need to repaint all the white trim in our house, but with small children at my feet, 'project' time is a bit limited. :) I am however, happy with the chosen color so far and it made the day a bit better . . . despite my pitiful sleep last night.

if anyone has tips on why I'm not sleeping, they are welcome! Until then. . . . . I'll keep going and throw myself a pity party every now and again. :)





I may get very little sleep these days, but seriously worth it. Look at this cute little girl playing in the fall leaves!

1 comment:

Familia Morales said...

Have you tried melatonin? There's sleepytime tea, and lavender scented oils. I've tried all of these on my kids...sleepytime tea has worked the best.