Soo, to all those family and friends that I've met along the way in life, Thanks for being so great!!!! Sometime (probably in the eternities) I hope to have a grand reunion!!! :)
Monday, February 8, 2010
Far Away!!
I've been thinking a lot recently of all the many friends that have brought such good memories and happiness into my life. I really am so blessed to have friends that relate to me, support me, encourage me, and remember to say hi every now and again. I have a friend that is moving back to her home town after 11 years away from family. I thought of how fun it would be to go 'home' and be by family.. . . after thinking that for a while and being a little sad, I realized that soooo many of my friends have been people I've met while 'far away.' And so I'm grateful for life's little (sometimes big) journey that has taken us through several states and multiple moves. I grow so attached to people and it was always hard to say good bye to those that have touched my heart, but I've been lucky enough to stay in touch and continue long distance friendships.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are one of the most lovable friends I have ever had! You have a contagious happiness. It's no wonder you have loved ones near and far. I love coming to your blog, because even though I've never met your kids, I can see that same joyful spirit in there little faces.
I just got called to be the stake music director for girls camp, so naturally I've been thinking about all the fun times we had at camp. Do you remember when we went on that long hike by Bear Lake, and a HUGE rain storm hit? Some girls weren't so thrilled, but you and I were singing "Come, Come Ye Saints!" at the top of our voices, sliding down the now mud trail on our behinds, and laughing our heads off!
I was kind of an idiot at times in my adolescence, but you were always there as a solid, good example to me. Thanks for that! I'll love ya forever!
-Harie Muish :)
I so agree! Friends hold a special place in our heart because we are far away from home. We are so thankful for you and Darrin. What a wonderful friendship we have been blessed to have you in our life!
Heather, thanks so much for your kind words, I totally agree and feel so lucky to have met you and that I can call you my friend, you make everyone want to be a better person. :) I love reading your blog so much, it always has such a happy feeling and makes me feel warm and fuzzy! You have such a cute family and you can tell by how happy they are that you are such a fun mom. You inspire me!!! I definitely hope you can move home someday too, that way you can come hang out!! :) Miss you tons and like a previous commentor I too was very immature when I was younger and sometimes cringe when I think of how dorky I was when you knew me, sheesh!! Embarassing, ha ha!! I hope I've come a long way since then :) Hope all is well and stay in touch, love you! Jen
Post a Comment