Saturday, January 12, 2013

To the BEST man in the world!!!

Today is my AWESOME D's birthday.  Sometimes I get a chance to look back in time and remember things.  Birthdays usually do this to me.  Today I've spent a lot of time going back in my mind to when D and I were dating, our early married years, the struggles he has been my rock for, the joy that I feel whenever I'm with him.  Today is a great day!  I look back and see how close I was to missing out on him.  I'm SOOOO thankful D waited for me to be ready for marriage (anyone that knows our dating history will understand that).  He is patient, kind, and always looks at things a little differently than I do which helps me learn and have an open mind.  He is smart--really smart and loves to solve problems and dream big.  He loves to travel and loves to meet people who are different than him.  He is the least judgmental person I know and always has an ear out for someone who needs help.  He is rushed by a choir of "daddy's home" when he walks in the door and kisses as he leaves for work.  He is a god fearing man who teaches those same things to his children.  He laughs at the same things I do, He does the dishes and sweeps the floor, He hangs up my pictures and fixes sump pumps--even if it takes three tries  ;)  He gathers everyone for a run or bike ride and loves to be active.  He ALWAYS encourages me to live my dreams and supports me in those dreams.  I have never felt belittled or less of a person--infact I always feel like I'm the BEST in the world when I'm with him--even when I know I'm really not and quite limited.  :)

I feel SOOO happy and grateful that I get to spend FOREVER with this MAN!  He truly is the man of my dreams!! :)

Happy Birthday D!!!  I love you!


I was making D's cake and he said it looked like a WWF arena... so we went with it.  It's TAG wrestling!  :)







 what's a birthday without a lot of noise!!!  LOL  :)
 D weated to go on a bike ride for his Birthday!!!  J and Lo got new bikes, so Z got to move up to the next biggest bike which gave Meg a bike to ride which she was THRILLED with.  She did awesome and was so proud of herself!!!  We had a great run while the kids rode their bikes.  FUN was had by all!! ;)

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

SUCH a sweet post! What a great guy you have! Glad his birthday was great. Love the cake! :)

Cardon Times said...

Ah! Happy Birthday Darin! I love you both! Wish the sickies would have stayed away in Utah but good to read the update.