Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Breakin' at the ZOO!!

The kids and I ventured off today to the zoo.  It is a beautiful day today and really our one shot this week to go to the zoo.  The rest of the week has been a bit rainy, so we were happy to get out today.  Everyone did VERY well today.  J, Lo, and Z-man all listened really well and stayed close by.  I tied some ribbon from my belt loop to Meg's belt loop, so she could walk, but not run away.  Aren't I a mean mom..... LOL.

Some of our favorite's from today:

**The tulips were GORGEOUS today--so bright and beautiful.  We could smell the tulips everywhere we walked and it was so sweet.
**The Polar Bear doing the backstroke (we have been taking swim lessons right now, so the kids thought it was funny to see the polar bear do the same thing they do in the water.)
**The baby Giraffe--SOOO cute.
**Feeding the goats.  I didn't have any quarters, so my kids just picked up some of the food from the ground that others had dropped and let the goats lick it off their hands.  SO FUN!
**The TRAIN--of course!
**ICE CREAM--normally we don't let our kids get ice cream, face painting, etc. while at the zoo, but we thought we would splurge since our zoo pass is expiring at the end of this month.  :)







WHAT A GREAT DAY!  I love that I can finally start getting out more with all my kids.  :)  I loved it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those tulips were gorgeous! They were starting to come out here, but it snowed again last night. I'm wondering if we'll ever see green grass & spring flowers around here!

We Are A Happy Family said...

How fun! I do love those beautiful tulips.

Darcy said...

How fun and beautiful. Go you!!

Karen said...

We love the zoo too! I can't believe how grown up all of your kids are getting...so cute!

Unknown said...

I wished we had taken a picture next to the tulips!!! So pretty!

Amy said...

Great pictures! Love the dinosaur cake a few posts back too!