Friday, November 13, 2009

Dentists. . can we say OUCH!

o.k. so for the last 2 weeks my mouth has been in excruciating pain. I had a filling fall out while prego. So I went to have it fixed. My Dentist put on a temp while the crown was being made, etc. Well, FF a few days and pain is horrid!!!! go back to dentist, get antibiotics and pain killers. . . horrid. Pain killers don't touch the pain. FF another week because I couldn't get in for a root canal for a WEEK... that is about 10 days worth of horrible pain. Soo, I had my root canal done on Wed. and here are a few things that I learned/remembered about my trips to the dentist.

1. I still cry at the dentists. I had horrible childhood experiences and they have stuck with me. Yes, I cried and I'm sure they thought I was a crazy woman.

2. The smell of a dentist office is still horrid. BLAH

3. music is still played, but not quite so elevatorish.

4. speaking of music. .. even happy gas can't make the nurse's singing to the music not annoying. just don't do it lady.

5. happy gas is still the best invention ever. I don't care how many brain cells I kill. I can't think straight most of the time anyway.

6. When a rubber sheet is put over your mouth, they aren't trying to kill you. . . . it simply catches all the tooth junk and prevents it from going into your mouth. phew!

7. Shots still hurt. . badly.

Well, that was my time at that dentist office. I still have to have the crown put on, but all the nasty part is done... for now! :)

5 comments:

Cardon Times said...

I HATE the dentist! I don't really have any pleasant memories of the dentist...and shots...yuck and ouch! Hope you are feeling better...Love ya

Rachel B. said...

If it makes you feel any better, I cried at the dentist last time too. And I even worked in the dental field for 5 years!! The dentist really isn't much fun and tooth pain is horrible! Yay for being over the worst part!

Valerie and Adam said...

Ouch, sounds painful. I've never experienced the laughing gas myself, but I've heard good things. Maybe I can find some on the street somewhere...

Your family pictures are great! I love the candids you take.

Holly said...

You poor thing! I was cringing as I read this because I know exactly how you feel. I'm so sorry; but I'm glad the worst is over with. Good luck with the rest! Just have them turn that laughing gas really high!

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

Sheesh!! That sounds like no fun! At least this way you got the pain under control before Thanksgiving so you can eat all the good food, hee hee! Hope you're feeling better and have a great holiday with your family :)