Sunday, April 5, 2015

General Conference/Easter

I LOVE General Conference.  I think I love it even more when it falls on Easter.  :)

The kids woke up and searched for their baskets.  The younger kids found theirs pretty quickly, but wanted us to keep re-hiding them because the older kids hadn't found theirs yet.  HA.  It took J and Lo about 35 minutes to find their baskets.  :)  Darn sneaky Easter Bunny.  

For brunch we made biscuits and gravy.  Darin loves B &G and so do the kids.  I couldn't eat any, but they smelled lovely.  It is tradition to eat B&G on Conference Sunday.  YUMMY.  

We had a great time eating treats, playing Conference Bingo, playing with play do, and relaxing while we listened to our Prophet--Thomas S. Monson and the apostles/authorities of the church.  I love feeling the spirit and feeling the love these men and women have for our Savior.  It makes heaven seem so close and real--which it is, it's just easy to be distracted I think.  It's a nice reminder of who I am and what I stand for. 

If you want to listen to the Prophet of the world and the rest of General Conference, here you go:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/04?cid=HP_SU_4-5-2015_dPTH_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng

In between conference sessions, we went for a walk in the woods and made awesomely huge bubbles.  :)






No comments: