I had a wonderful Mother's day! :) I feel very blessed to be apart of my husband and kids' lives. I love my own mom and so happy I know I get to spend eternity with her as well. :) :) I love the home made cards and crafts, the kids doing dishes and breakfast. The extra hugs. It makes for a great day. :) I am not a perfect mom AT ALL--but I am a mom and get to partake in that experience--the ups, downs, successes, failures, and victories. Being a mom is definitely a journey. I feel blessed to be able to take the journey of mom with 4 incredible people! :) I'm pretty sure these 4 were hand picked just for me! :) Happy Mother's day!
Some GREAT highlights of the day:
*Darin spent over an hour following a recipe for YUMMY apple cinnamon waffles (click on words to get to recipe). Seriously SO GOOD!!! Darin will cook dinner, he is great at coming up with amazing concoctions, but he rarely follows a recipe and this was definitely a sacrifice for him in the morning. It was cute to see him try to concentrate on following a recipe while the younger two eagerly waited their turn to 'help!' :) Made me smile! But seriously, BEST waffles EVER!!! :) go check them out!
* The kids singing to me in church--they Sang, "mother, I love you. Mother, I do" We all lovingly named it the whining song. Seriously, "moooother, I love you. Moooother, I do" But it's still fun to see their shining faces in church singing their hearts out.
*Megann was sad when the young men passed out chocolate to all the women in the ward. She got a sad look on her face and said, "When is it Megann's day, not Mother's day!" :)
* Eating dinner with my AWESOME sister Valerie and her family! :) Love them, Love eating with them! :)
* Taking mother's day pictures with these 4 AWESOME people! :)


3 comments:
Such cute pictures and you look so pretty! Sounds like you were well taken care of. Glad it was a good one!
You are so beautiful! Happy mom's day to you!! Cute kidos!
What a great day!
Post a Comment