Saturday, December 1, 2012

Ho Ho Ho!

Twinkling lights at Christmas time never seem to get old to me.  I can remember being a child and eagerly anticipating the day that the city put the stringing lights up that zig zagged their way across the street from lamp post to lamp post.  I would look out my bedroom window each night gaze at the bright colors.  The only difference today is the location and type of Christmas lights.  Last year we tried to go see a Christmas light display in a near by town only to get there and find out the wait was 2 hrs.  umm, not so much with 4 small children.  This year we were a little bit more prepared (thanks to a great neighbor) and were there 30 minutes early and the 4th car in line.  D took the kids to play at the nearby park and I waited in line.  There were lots of ooo's and awww's from the car as we drove through the park filled with light displays.  There were disney characters, Christmas characters, trees, elves, etc.  At the end, you get out of the car and go into a lodge type facility and continue the Christmas adventure.  Santa was there, the talking tree, a puppet show with scrooge (which all the kids thought was funny), a beautiful concert with carolers all dressed up, a train room, and treats!  :)  It was really quite fantastic.  :)  I wish I would have gotten more pictures of the lights, but maybe next year.

Here are our cute 4 kids with Santa!  :)


No comments: