Tuesday, October 9, 2012

General Conference!!

I love General conference weekend!  I have so many fond memories growing up listening to the prophet while we do some craft that was meant to keep us quiet and listen.  Playing conference bingo and listening to and helping my mom make a yummy lunch in the kitchen.  I don't remember a whole lot of what was said in those years, but I for SURE remember how I felt--how our house felt during those weekends.  I have a testimony that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true and that we have a living prophet today on earth that God speaks to and through.  I know I can feel the spirit witness to me those truths.  I have found out this truth for myself and I love it.  :)

I try to create those same feelings and memories in my house now for my kids.  I don't know if anyone can do this as well as my mother, but I try.

We have our traditional biscuits and gravy brunch, a fun craft, conference bingo with treats, and playing quietly while we listen to inspiring talks of faith from the prophet and apostles.  :)

We also decided to take a walk in between conference sessions.  We let the kids lead the way and we ended up bush wacking it off the trail and had to walk through a farmers field to make it back... oops.  But we found a great vine to swing on half way through!  :)



Pictures from our conference walk!  :)





 The tents that they brought up to be nice and cushy while listening.







I look forward to 6 months from now for another General Conference weekend.

No comments: