I don't know how many times I've been asked what is going on, and all I can think of is, "It's just normal life." OR how many times I've asked others and hear the same response. Well, I'm sure that in only a few years time, my 'normal life' will change to a different 'normal life.' I've thought capturing a 'normal life' day on video just so I can remember what a normal day was like at this stage of life. Although I haven't done that, I do have a few pictures of 'normal life' at the palmers house. ... ... ..
Life starts out getting J and Lo ready for school. They each have their own morning tasks that they do to get ready for school--breakfast, pack lunches, brush teeth, do hair. . . etc, etc.
Once J and Lo are off to school, we start with the gym and then move onto a little cleaning.. ... . or dumping out the tupperwear drawer. Ya know, whatever you feel like. Z and Meg are good little buddies (most of the time). They make each other laugh a lot. And NOTHING beats the tupperwear drawer!!!!!!
After lots and lots and lots of 'play', it is nap time. . . oh how we LOVE nap time!!!
Of course we can't pass up a beautiful afternoon rain to play in!!
J and Lo are waiting to be tucked in.
And then the kid's day is done, but it seems that there is so much more to do... D has calls to make and church work to be done. I have more than enough house work and catching up to keep me busy many more hours (which I usually try to put off!! ;) D and I have a few minutes to hang out together. . ya know, watch the stars come out, check how much the trees are growing, turn the sprinklers one, walk around in circles in our cul-de-sac, talk to neighbors, etc. We read our scriptures (try to) and head to bed.
Life seems so busy to me right now. I guess it's a good thing, but I feel I'm being pulled so many ways that I do everything mediocre and nothing superior, but I will keep trying and doing my best and hope the rest is made up somehow!
I love my family. I love living my life with them!
(Sorry for the quality of pictures. It seems like 'life' happens when my camera is put away, so my phone is most accessible.)
2 comments:
Thanks for your comment today. It's nice to feel validated and understood. I totally know what you mean about everything pulling your husband in all sorts of directions all the while wondering, "What about me?" I always say that if Tom is ever called as a Bishop I might seriously have a hard time sustaining that. I guess I'm the jealous type, but I kind of like my husband and want him around. :) I must say that you are wonder woman having all 4 kids under control. 2 can be hard enough!
Wow! Sounds an awful lot like my life! Our tupperwear drawer is even in the same spot, and looks like that all of the time! The life a Mom is such a crazy one. It's all about perspective, right? You have such cute kids, and it looks to me like they are having wonderful childhoods! You are a blessed bunch for sure!
Post a Comment